Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Scriptdoctor Testimonial #1

Hi Howard,

I’d been meaning to get back to you about your services regarding my
screenplay, THE N WORD, but my schedule got away from me. I just
wanted to say that I was extremely thankful for the quality of your
service, as well as the quick turnaround, and I won’t hesitant to
recommend you (and your company) to friends and colleagues.

I appreciated the fact that you encourage writers to “own” their
rewrite, rather than telling the writer what is “right or wrong” with
the story. Personally, it allowed me to approach my next pass with a
sense of discovery rather than a sense of correction.

Another major consideration I took from your review was a
clarification of the sense of comedic tone (specifically, that I
should set up the tone of the story more appropriately). I also found
helpful the multitude of notes in the margins of the script itself,
especially as it pertained to streamlining my formatting. And it goes
without saying that the audio recording gave the review a sense of
personalization that rarely comes with standard coverage. The overall
experience was, in a word, awesome.

My primary goal with this spec is to showcase my
talent by (hopefully) placing in several contests and securing
representation. I’m in it for the long haul, and I look forward to
utilizing your services again (perhaps as early as March 3rd) as a
guidepost to keep improving my craft along the way.

Thanks again, Howard!

Sincerely,

Robert Hestand

No comments:

Post a Comment